The mission of the Home, Not Alone program is to provide free pet food to low-income pet owners through Sixty & Better.
- Often, senior pet owners are on extremely limited incomes, including Medicaid, VA assistance, or highly restricted Social Security income.
- These seniors are often unable to drive to get pet food themselves.
- Pet-owning seniors often take food from their own tables to feed their companion animals.
- Many times the animals these seniors keep are the only “family” they see on a regular basis, their only real companions, and precious small remainders and reminders of independent lives and homes they once enjoyed.
- These pets provide not only companionship to these seniors, but also a sense of purpose and a feeling of being needed.
Through Home, Not Alone, Don’t Forget to Feed Me provides free, pre-portioned pet food to qualified residents at participating senior centers on a regular schedule. We work with senior center directors to determine delivery schedules.
Home, Not Alone Senior Centers
Arlington New York
The Claremont (formerly Arlington Central)
For more information about the Home, Not Alone program, contact the Operations Manager, at email@example.com or 817-334-0727.