The information on this page is intended to inspire and guide youth, and/or youth leaders in the North Texas area who are interested in supporting the Don’t Forget to Feed Me (DF2FM) mission. If you have ideas or stories you would like to share about how you helped DF2FM we encourage you to contact us so we might promote your philanthropic creativity.
Basically, we need pet food. Dog, cat, puppy, kitten, fish and hamster are the most requested because these are the most common family pets.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
There are many creative ways to either collect pet food or cash donations. Below you will find some activities that have already been done successfully by youth in our community. We hope you will have some fun with the project and encourage you to put your “thinking cap” on and be original! Be sure to talk with your parents, teachers or youth leader to outline your idea and get their permission.
- Decorate a box and collect pet food at your school, church or in your neighborhood.
- Have a competition between grades or classrooms to see who can collect the most lbs. of pet food. The winner gets a popcorn party.
- See if your school can fill a school bus with pet food.
- Set a dollar amount and collect pennies for a specific amount of time to reach your goal.
- Host a “drive by, drop off” pet food drive; school, church or grocery store parking lot where folks can just drive through and hand you their donation.
- Make flyers and have a car wash; cost of the car wash is part of the fee.
- Host a birthday party for your pet and ask guests to bring pet food donations.
- Write a letter for your school newspaper.
- Make a video for the DF2FM YouTube site.
If you are required to do a community project for school credit we would be honored to verify your time and confirm your contribution. We also need youth volunteers from time to time for various projects. If you are interested in volunteering please contact us.